Friday 21 February 2014

Decision Time

        After much deliberation, I have finally come to a decision regarding which book to focus on for the Applied Animation module. Having determined the key elements of each novel, doing a little concept art and formulating some ideas for treatments of each, I have chosen The Sunne in Splendour as my novel. 

        Although both Firebringer and The Sight would no doubt have been enjoyable to work with (Firebringer in particular has a prophecy which is integral to the story and would have formed a good centrepiece for titles), The Sunne in Splendour had greater potential in my mind. The sheer depth and detail of the novel, as well as the strong themes, suggested several possible directions I could take for a title sequence.       

No comments:

Post a Comment