Sunday 9 November 2014

Environment Concept

        To further establish my character, I felt that it would be sensible to try to create an setting for the animation where the audience would believe that Cupid might strike. Aside from the bow and arrow, the ideas forming in my head would require a table and chair for Moom to interact with, and their design could greatly influence how the audience interprets the environment.

        In my head, I picture the animation taking place in a romantic restaurant (no doubt one of Cupid's favourite haunts), so to fit with this concept the furniture needed to be quite fancy and decorative, of classical rather than contemporary design; perhaps reminiscent of a French bistro. With that in mind I came up with these designs. I only hope that they don't prove too complex to model.


        To carry this theme, when it comes to lighting the scene, it will need to be kept quite soft and warm, possibly with a rosy tint. Perhaps two spotlight could even be overlapped to create a heart shape, as with theatrical/stage lighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment