Monday 28 April 2014

Music & Copyright

        After struggling to find the sort of music I envisaged for the title sequence, I was lucky enough to stumble across the we,bsite 8 Tracks, which for me (who's musical knowledge is not very vast) was an immensely useful library of mixes and playlists assembled by users according to genre and keywords etc. So fortunately, by searching for terms including medieval, epic, instrumental, I was able to come up with several music options to try alongside my animation.
 
        In order to legally use show my work publically with any of these options, I need to request permission from the copyright owner, most likely the respective record companies. However, the track that I feel is best suited to my title sequence is by a music production company named Audiomachine, who have written on their website that they actively encourage the use of their music in non monetised Youtube videos as long as they are acknowledged:
 
We get a lot of emails everyday from people asking to use audiomachine music in their YouTube videos.
Our policy is to allow the use of our music in non-monetized videos on YouTube. We actually encourage the use of audiomachine music in non-monetized videos on YouTube and we will be updating this page frequently with additional free music downloads to give your YouTube videos that epic, audiomachine touch.
 
        As Youtube is likely to be the only place I would publically exhibit my work, for the moment this seems adequate. But I do understand that if I were to show the title sequence elsewhere, I would need to request permission to use 40 seconds of one of their pieces of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment