Friday 18 April 2014

Music

       I have been having trouble finding appropriate music to accompany my title sequence. As the time period is definite, I felt that the music should strongly evoke the medieval period, or at least I didn't want to use modern or contemporary music. 
 
        As a starting point I asked a friend who studies music to recommend some period composers and styles to search for. They told me to look for consorts of lutes and recorders, and at the work of William Byrd and John Dowland. However, much of these pieces were too choral, and with a strong religious feel, whereas I was hoping for something bolder and more dramatic, to match the strong theme of war and battle. Ideally I would like something along similar lines to Ramin Djawadi's Main Title for Game of Thrones; instrumental but also rousing and emotive, as it will act as the introduction to a film, so needs to stand out, but also support the visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment