Sunday 9 March 2014

Colour Theory

        I was intrigued by the idea of having lectures on colour theory, as aside from a very basic introduction to the colour wheel, primary, secondary, tertiary and complementary colours in a year 7 art class, I didn't know much about the topic.
 
 
        What I was expecting was a lesson into the different moods and feelings colours can connote, the psychological aspects of colour, and how to use it to effectively communicate a message. However, the lecture had more of a scientific slant; how we view and perceive colour. Despite differing from my expectations, the lectures prompted me to think about colour in a new way which will hopefully inform my future practice, as well as bringing up one of my favourite unanswerable questions: how do we know that what I see as red is the same as what you see as red?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment