Sunday 9 March 2014

Finished Falcon

        After sketching out the outline I was able to think about whether I should colour in the falcon, leave it as a pencil drawing or add definition to the lines.

        As taxidermy is (to me) scientific and observational, I chose to keep the lines simple, as in a technical drawing, and keep the focus on the shape of the bird. Also, in terms of colour, as the falcon is mainly pale and creamy with a darker pattern on the wings, there wasn't much to add. While ideally I would have included the darker areas of pattern to contribute to the sense of shape and form, it would have been immensely difficult and time consuming to keep the position of the feathers consistent as the bird rotated. So in order to avoid making the animation uncomfortable to watch (through overly wobbly lines), I chose to keep it simple with pen and ink lines.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment